This month we are excited to share some new IQ Glass details. The Invisio structural glazing provides a modern alternative to framed curtain walling. It can be used to create large or long elevations of glazing. The system is thermally broken and therefore creates a glass wall with high levels of thermal insulation. Here we demonstrate a selection of head, jamb and base details to show how the system could work.
Next we have a selection of glass balustrade details, focusing on different types of cap/handrail options and a variation of base support profiles.
They are all available as 2D CAD drawings and 3D SketchUp drawings. All details are now available in Revit format too! This forms part of the pro plan. The new details are available to all existing members, or can be purchased individually by non members.
I hope you find them useful.
The full set of details are listed below:
- IQ Glass Invisio glazed wall head detail – downstand
- IQ Glass Invisio glazed wall head detail – flush ceiling
- IQ Glass Invisio glazed wall base detail
- IQ Glass Invisio glazed wall plan detail
- IQ Glass Invisio glazed wall plan detail – alternative option
- Glass balustrade cap rail/ handrail profile details
- Glass balustrade support profile details
Below you can see some of those examples.
Finally, we have published our latest guide on the detail library, looking at how to detail hidden gutters and building corners. A really useful article with plenty of tips to take away – plus you can download the article as a free pdf guide!