Following on from the how to model a site in SketchUp using the help of Google Earth video, this tutorial shows you how to use a cad drawing as the starting point for your 3d model.
In this video we look at:
– Setting up your cad drawing for exporting to sketchup.
– Writing cad blocks for import to sketchup.
– Importing your cad layers into sketchup.
– Working up your cad plan into 3D.
– Using components to populate your site.
– Adding roads to the site plan.
– Using google sketchup warehouse to add content to your model.